Wells Fargo offers many services to help prevent overdraft or declined transactions.
1. Overdraft Rewind®1
With this automated consumer account feature, when the bank receives your electronic direct debit before 9:00 AM local time, we calculate a new account balance that includes the outstanding direct debit (minus any outstanding charges). If this newly calculated balance covers transactions that resulted in overdraft or insufficient funds charges (NSF), or overdraft protection charges or advances, during the nightly processing of the previous business day, we will waive or refund those charges. We may also reverse decisions about returned items (insufficient funds/NSF).
2. Online, Mobile and/or Text Banking Tools
- Check your account activity, transfer money and set a low balance alert2.
- See “Avoiding Overdrafts” below for more information.
Consider our optional Overdraft Services:
We offer two overdraft services to help you manage your checking account. Both services are optional and can be added or removed at any time. If you are subscribed to both services, we will first use the Overdraft Protection, which has a lower rate, to cover your overdraft. Optional overdrafts, such as overdraft protection and overdraft debit card services, are not available for Clear Access BankingSM accounts.
3. Overdraft Protection
- You can link up to two eligible accounts (a savings account, a credit) to your checking account, and we will use the funds available in the linked accounts to cover your transactions if you don’t have enough money in your checking account.
- A one-time transfer or prepayment will be assessed regardless of the number of transactions covered or if the funds are transferred from multiple accounts. You can avoid the charges by making a cover deposit3 or wire transfer before closing time on the same business day. The amount of the compensation depends on the account from which the money is transferred.
- See “Overdraft Protection” below for details.
4. Debit Card Overdraft Service4
You can choose at the discretion of the Bank whether your ATM transactions and daily (one-time) debit card transactions can be approved if you do not have enough funds in your checking or linked accounts to protect against overdrafts at the time of the transaction. .
If the Debit Card Over-distribution service is used to approve an overdraft transaction, our standard overdraft fee of $35 per item5 will apply unless a deposit3 or cover transfer is made before the same day closing time as proficient.
See “Debit Card Overdraft Service” below for details.