This article describes what to do if your Well Fargo ATM/debit card is damaged, lost or stolen. Provides instructions on how to freeze the card if you suspect fraudulent payments have been made. It also provides instructions on how to apply for a new card and even speed it up.
If your Wells Fargo debit card is lost, stolen or damaged, you should get a replacement card as soon as possible. Fortunately, it is quite easy to do. Read on to learn.
Check Your Account
If your card is lost or stolen, you should check your account to see if there is any suspicious activity that may indicate that someone is making fraudulent payments. If you find charges that you didn’t make, note the amount of the fraudulent charges, the dates they were made, and the names of all sellers. Then contact the bank to freeze the card. The fastest way to do this is to follow these instructions:
- Visit the Wells Fargo home page or open the Wells Fargo Mobile app.
- Log in to your account.
- If you have multiple bills, find the one associated with your lost or stolen debit card.
- Click the “…” icon at the top of the page. The More services menu appears.
- Click on “Activate or deactivate the card”.
If you find unauthorized charges, you may not have to pay them because the bank has a liability guarantee.
Ordering a Replacement Card
There are three ways to request a replacement debit card:
- Call the Wells Fargo customer service line and request a new card from a representative.
- Visit any Wells Fargo bank and ask for a replacement card in person.
- Order a replacement card using the Wells Fargo Mobile app.
You should receive your new card within five to seven business days. You do not have to pay any replacement costs. If you need your new card sooner, you can ask them to speed up the process, which they can do for $16. Then you should receive your new card within three business days.
If you need assistance, please contact Wells Fargo Customer Service. Phone, email, help desk and chat options are available.